Revised: August 1, 2018 (click here for more information about this update)
- DEFINED TERMS
(b) “Caesars Websites” refers to websites owned or operated by Caesars, including, but not limited to, caesars.com, totalrewards.com, and our Real Money Gaming Websites (defined below).
(c) “Caesars Mobile Apps” refers to mobile applications owned or operated by Caesars, including, but not limited to, the play by Total Rewards® and Caesars Sports mobile applications.
(d) “Personal Information” refers to any information by which you can be personally identified, such as your first name, last name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, license plate number, geolocation information, Total Rewards number, date of birth, purchase information, gaming activity information, biometric information and other similar information.
(e) “Non-Personal Information” refers to information by which you cannot be personally identified.
(f) “Real Money Gaming Websites” refers to the real money gaming websites owned or operated by Caesars, including, but not limited to, caesarscasino.com, harrahscasino.com and WSOP.com.
(g) “Total Rewards” or “Total Rewards Program” refers to Caesars’ Total Rewards® loyalty program.
3. How We Collect Your Information
(a) Information You Directly Provide to Us. You may provide information directly to us under a wide range of circumstances, such as when you submit information to us through the Caesars Websites or Caesars Mobile Apps, sign up to receive email or text messages from us, sign up to access WiFi at a Caesars Property, park at a Caesars Property, install or use one of the Caesars Mobile Apps, sign up for Total Rewards, log in as a Total Rewards member, book a reservation for a Caesars Property, enter an online promotion, sign up or log in to play on our Real Money Gaming Websites, request information from us, scan your ID at check-in kiosk at a Caesars Property, submit an application for employment, apply for credit or provide feedback in a survey.
(b) Information Automatically Collected Through the Caesars Websites.
(i) Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect general log information when you visit the Caesars Websites, including your: (A) Internet Protocol (IP) address, (B) domain server, (C) operating system, and (D) type of Web browser as well as the pages you visit on the Caesars Websites (collectively “Traffic Data“). Traffic Data does not personally identify you, however, if you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may store some items of your Personal Information and use it with the Traffic Data to better personalize your experience on the Caesars Websites. We use the Traffic Data to report aggregated website activity and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the Caesars Websites. It enables us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to learn what information is of most and least interest;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to learn of any possible Caesars Website performance problems.
We may collect Traffic Data through various technologies including, but not limited to, cookies, IP addresses, and transparent GIFs (Graphics Interchange Format, a software technology also known as a pixel tag).
(v) Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services. The Caesars Websites may include links to third party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, stories, reviews or other information. Your use of these third party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these third party websites and social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third party websites and social media services. We may also monitor sentiments regarding Caesars that you publicly post on social media services or customer review sites. We may reach out to you regarding these postings to address customer service issues and to otherwise help ensure that you have a positive customer experience.
(vi) Information You Post on the Caesars Websites. If you post information on any public areas of the Caesars Websites, that information may be collected and used by Caesars, other users of the Caesars Websites, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Caesars Websites that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
(d) Information We Automatically Collect Through the Caesars Mobile Apps, including Location Information. If you install or use one of the Caesars Mobile Apps, we may collect and use information regarding your mobile device, including but not limited to technical information about your mobile device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate any upgrades, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Caesars Mobile Apps, and to provide services or technologies to you. In addition, if you install one of the Caesars Mobile Apps and allow your device to share location information with our Mobile App, we may be able to automatically identify and collect the location of your mobile device, including GPS location, which is the real-time geographic location of your mobile device. We may use your location information to provide you with more relevant content and useful app features, such as wayfinding services at Caesars Properties. We may also use this data for statistical or business-related purposes to improve our products, services and properties. If you allow a Caesars Mobile App to send you push notifications, your location information may be used to send real-time offers for goods and services at Caesars Properties that are close to your location. You may adjust your device settings to turn off push notifications at any time. Location information may also be collected and used to tailor your marketing offers to your specific interests. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting or turning off your mobile device’s location services settings; however, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features provided through the Caesars Mobile App. Please note that even if you adjust the settings in your mobile device to turn off location sharing (via GPS data), we may be able to collect information about the location of your mobile device if you are located on one of the Caesars Properties through your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See subsection (f) below for more information.
(e) Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our WiFi Services. If you use WiFi services that we make available at a Caesars Property, we might collect information about your use of our WiFi services, including your IP address, WiFi information (such as SSID), mobile carrier, the websites you visit, the type of device and browser you are using, your device identification number, bandwidth used and session time. See subsection (f) below for more information regarding the collection of information regarding your physical location if you are located on one of the Caesars Properties.
(f) Information We Automatically Collect from Mobile Devices on Caesars Properties. If you have a mobile device, are located on a Caesars Property and have your WiFi or Bluetooth functionality enabled, we may collect information concerning your mobile device, including the type of device, device ID, and the precise physical location of your device within and around the Caesars Properties (including geolocation and beacon-based location), for analytics and non-marketing related purposes, such as enabling us to understand our customers’ preferences and use of our properties, including general traffic patterns. With your consent, we might also use your location information for marketing purposes, such as to provide you with real-time offers and personalized promotions. If you do not want information concerning your precise location to be collected on Caesars Properties, you may adjust your mobile device location sharing settings and disable the WiFi and Bluetooth functionality in your mobile device settings.
- to operate our Total Rewards Program;
- to improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services;
- to improve the Caesars Properties, Caesars Websites and Caesars Mobile Apps;
- to track your use of the Caesars Properties, Caesars Websites and Caesars Mobile Apps for our internal market research;
- to create a more accurate and complete customer profile to better understand the products and services you want to use;
- to notify you about promotions and special offers regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or other associated third parties, including our Joint Marketing Partners (defined below);
- to ask for your participation in our internal market research;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies about our customers;
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to provide you with a secure and safe environment;
- to protect and defend our rights or property or enforce our agreements with you;
- to cash your checks, extend you credit, process credit card, ACH and/or other financial transactions;
- to contact you otherwise when necessary; and
- otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
5 How We Share Your Information with Our Affiliates. For business purposes, we may share certain information we receive from you, and about your transactions with us, with our affiliates, including our owned, operated, and managed casinos, hotels, online and web based businesses, and other corporate entities or affiliates. Doing so allows us to provide the products and services you have requested and quickly respond to applications for credit or other financial services. We may also disclose your Personal Information to all Caesars Properties and other affiliates if you participate in our “self-restriction” or “self-exclusion” programs. Please click here for more information.
6. How We Share Your Information with Non-Affiliated Third Parties. As permitted by law, we may share the information we collect from and about you with non-affiliated third parties as follows:
(a) Third Party Service Providers. Your information may be shared with or collected by third party service providers who provide us with services such as data hosting or processing, credit card processing, credit checks or processing and fulfilling reservations or purchases. We require these providers to exercise reasonable care to protect your Personal Information and restrict the use of your Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided to them.
(b) Third Party Joint Marketing Partners. We may share certain limited information about you with other companies with whom we have joint marketing or similar agreements, or other businesses with whom we have a contractual relationship (“Joint Marketing Partners”), who may contact you with marketing and promotional offers. These businesses generally include financial services companies, such as banks and insurance companies, other service providers, such as airlines, hotels and car rental agencies, and retailers, but may include others. If you would like us to stop providing your information to these Joint Marketing Partners, you may opt-out in accordance with Section A.8. below.
(d) Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties: (i) if required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, search warrant or other valid legal process, (ii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities, including but not limited to gaming regulators, (iii) in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute, including but not limited to the collection of debts, (iv) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large, or (v) we believe that you have abused a Caesars Website or Caesars Mobile Application by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
(e) Aggregate Information. We may share your information with affiliated or non-affiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.6.
7. Online Advertising; Tracking.
(a) Online Advertising. Caesars and third parties may use the information collected through the Caesars Websites using cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to help manage online advertising programs. This information may enable advertising services to track the actions of users online over time and across different web sites or platforms to measure statistics relating to marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes, and what happens when you elect a do-not-track option, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. For more information about the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
(b) Do Not Track. Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, at the present time we do not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Caesars Websites in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
8. Your Choice to Share Information. If you are a Total Rewards member and prefer that we not share your Personal Information with our Joint Marketing Partners (defined in Section A.6(b) above), you can update your sharing preferences in the Profile section of your online Total Rewards account at www.totalrewards.com.
If you are not a Total Rewards customer or if you prefer to opt out by mail from having your Personal Information shared with our Joint Marketing Partners, please click here to download the opt-out form , complete it and mail it to:
Caesars Enterprise Services, LLC
ATTN: Loyalty Marketing
P.O. Box 98905
Las Vegas, NV 89193
9. Your California Privacy Rights. As provided under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, we provide our customers with the ability to “opt out” of having their Personal Information shared with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes in accordance with the opt-out process described in Section A.8.
10. Security. We maintain physical, electronic and organizational safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. With regard to information that you transfer to us through one of the Caesars Websites or Caesars Mobile Apps, please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or a wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Caesars cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Caesars Websites or Caesars Mobile Apps and you do so at your own risk.
11. How to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information. In order to ensure that all of your Personal Information is correct and up to date, visit a Caesars Property and speak to a customer service representative. As a Total Rewards member, you may also review and update your profile by logging into your account at http://www.totalrewards.com.
13. Legal Gaming Age Policy. Persons under the age of twenty-one (21) are not permitted to loiter or gamble at any casino at a Caesars Property or gamble online or through any Caesars Website or Caesars Mobile App. Any offers we make or any promotions we conduct, unless otherwise noted, are not open to persons younger than the legal gaming age in the applicable jurisdiction. Persons younger than this legal age are not allowed to accept gaming-related offers, or win promotions, and we do not knowingly collect information from such persons for gaming-related offers. We reserve the right to verify age at any time for any reason and may decline to provide products, services or access rights to any person who does not have valid age identification.
14. Responsible Gaming. We take responsible gaming very seriously. Click here to learn more about our corporate commitment to responsible gaming.
15. Video Surveillance and Facial Recognition Technologies. We use surveillance systems to monitor all gaming areas and other public or sensitive areas of the Caesars Properties. Video surveillance cameras may be used for security purposes and to protect us, our customers and employees against potential violations of criminal or civil laws. Some video surveillance systems may incorporate facial recognition technologies that can be used, in the discretion of our employees, for additional surveillance and screening of individuals at Caesars Properties. In addition, cameras and facial recognition technologies may also be used at Caesars Properties to enhance your customer experience and provide services to you. Surveillance camera output is monitored by our employees and contractors and may be viewed by law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
16. Non-U.S. Residents. Unless otherwise specified, the Caesars Websites and Caesars Mobile Apps and material provided on or through the Caesars Websites and Caesars Mobile Apps are solely intended for users located in the United States and for promoting products, programs, and business operations within the United States. If you do not reside in the United States and you choose to access or use the Caesars Websites and/or Caesars Mobile Apps, or visit the Caesars Properties, and provide your Personal Information to us, it may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. If you do not want your information transferred to, processed, or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Caesars Websites and/or Caesars Mobile Apps or visit the Caesars Properties.
General Data Protection Regulation: If you reside in or are a citizen of a European Union member country, you may have certain rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). If you have any questions related to the GDPR with respect to any personal data collected by our U.S. properties, please email GDPR@caesars.com. If you have GDPR-related questions about personal data collected by our properties in the United Kingdom, South Africa or Egypt, please visit https://www.caesars.co.uk/privacy-policy/ for more information.
Caesars Enterprise Services, LLC
ATTN.: Loyalty Marketing
P.O. Box 98905
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8905
Should you have additional questions, comments or concerns regarding WSOP.com, please contact us by visiting the following page: click here.
- Information Collected in Connection with Financial Services. If you are a customer who utilizes the credit, check cashing, front money, counter check account and/or cash advance services (“Financial Services”) at a Caesars Property in the United States, there are additional categories of information we may collect from or about you:
- Information we receive on applications for credit or other financial services, such as your name, address, telephone number, Social Security number and other identifying information.
- Information we receive about you from others, including credit bureaus, relating to your credit history and financial transactions with others.
- Information about your transactions with us, including your payment history and/or gaming activity with any Caesars Property.
If you receive email communications from us and would prefer not to receive further email communications from us, you may click on the link found on the bottom of all our email communications and follow the instructions to either change your email preferences or unsubscribe from all emails.
If you are a Total Rewards member, you can also unsubscribe from receiving email communications from us at any Total Rewards Center at any Caesars Property or by calling 1-877-716-4500, or you can manage your email communication preferences by logging into your online Total Rewards account.
If you are a customer of one of our Real Money Gaming Websites, you can manage your communication preferences by logging into your Real Money Gaming Website account.
Regardless of your decision to unsubscribe from receiving email communications from us, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry we receive from you, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, service/reminder notices, and account maintenance).
D. OPTING OUT OF DIRECT MAIL AND TEXT MESSAGES. If you have provided your mailing address to us, we may from time to time send promotional materials to you by direct mail. If you do not want to receive promotional materials by direct mail from us, please visit the Total Rewards center at any Caesars Property or call 1-877-716-4500. Your name and address will be removed from that mailing list within 30 days after your request. In addition, if you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may send text messages to the number provided that corresponds to your device. To opt out of mobile messaging from us, reply “stop” to text messages that you receive from us.