Although the American Gaming Association has been leading this effort for two decades, Caesars Entertainment created responsible gaming initiatives that set the industry standard nearly 30 years ago. Caesars’ Responsible Gaming program is built on science-based research and supported by innovative technology, practical tools, and comprehensive training for our team members.
This year Caesars Entertainment is celebrating the 15th year of our Responsible Gaming Ambassador program! The first in our industry, this program is a best practice that is being adopted by many other gaming companies. Our Responsible Gaming Chairs & Ambassadors are the key to helping our team members continue to inspire grown-ups to play, while offering help to guests if the fun stops.
Caesars Entertainment has 895 Responsible Gaming Ambassadors who are specially trained to have conversations with guests or someone close to a guest to offer assistance when there is a concern that they may not be gambling responsibly. These leaders are selected after achieving supervisor status and usually have several years of gaming job experience under their belts.
In addition to completing basic Responsible Gaming Awareness training modules, Responsible Gaming Ambassadors must undergo additional dedicated Responsible Gaming Ambassadors training. They are taught to carefully listen to conversations and alert their supervisors when they hear comments that cause concern such as:
- I am depressed about losing all of my money
- My gambling is getting out of control
- Gambling has caused many problems in my life
- Overhearing a guest trying to sell his watch to another guest for money
- I spent all of my money so I am not able to put gas in my truck to make it home
- A customer’s wife called to ask to talk to someone who could give her direction because she thought her husband had a gambling problem
Caesars Entertainment continues to build upon our legacy of leading the industry with best-in-class Responsible Gaming practices and is committed to a Caring Culture and Inspiring Grown Ups to Play responsibly.